The HRB – Stroke Clinical Trials Network, Ireland (HRB –SCTNI) brings together Irish clinical scientists, healthcare teams, and patients, linking them with global experts in the field of stroke research. The Network will give Irish patients access to new treatments with the potential to prevent stroke, or to improve emergency treatment and recovery after stroke.
In the Network, Irish researchers and healthcare teams:
- Participate in international trials of new treatments for emergency care, prevention, and recovery after stroke
- Lead a new Irish and international clinical trial (CONVINCE) to investigate if low-dose colchicine treatment improves prevention of heart attacks and second stroke following a first stroke.
- Provide training, education, and mentorship for Irish doctors, nurses, and therapists in how to perform safe high-quality clinical trials
- Work with patients and patient representative groups to better understand their needs for new treatments for stroke.
SCTNI Strategy 2016-2021
Activities of the network are guided by the SCTNI Strategy 2016-2021. This sets out the mission and strategic goals of the Network across core functions and activities:
- Supporting women in the SCTNI
- Training and education
- Communications and outreach
- Patient and public involvement
- Strategic collaboration with international partners
The full text SCTNI Strategy 2016-2021 is available to download here.
Keeping up to date with SCTNI activities
The SCTNI publishes a newsletter every two months through which we provide updates on SCTNI and member activities, upcoming events, resources, training and other opportunities of interest. Please email email@example.com if you wish to sign up to our newsletter. Past newsletters can be downloaded from the links below:
- SCTNI Newsletter Issue 1
- SCTNI Newsletter Issue 2
- SCTNI Newsletter Issue 3
- SCTNI Newsletter Issue 4
- SCTNI Newsletter Issue 5
You can also keep up to date with SCTNI activities through our Twitter profile here
Research & Education support also provided by:
- Bayer Healthcare Ltd.
- Boehringer Ingelheim Ireland Ltd.
- Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceuticals
- Pfizer Healthcare Ireland
- Menarini Pharmaceuticals Ireland Ltd
- Daiichi Sankyo Ireland Ltd